Start Your Business Off On the Right Foot
Business formation is a crucial element to being a successful business. It can mean the difference between paying employment taxes on everything you make and being able to take part of your business’s income as non-employment taxable dividends. Without the correct business structure and operations, you may fail to have limited liability and be personally liable for any damages caused by your business, you, or your workers.
The Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C. provides business formation services to home-based businesses, online businesses based in Colorado, and small retail and service stores. The following are just some of the areas where information and advice can be provided:
- Hiring employees and independent contractors
- Setting up a professional team (accountant, insurance agent, financial planner)
- What services your company will need
- Limiting your company’s liability
Drafting of company documents (articles of incorporation, articles of organization, by-laws, operating agreements, etc)
- Starting a corporation, s-corporation, or a limited liability company (LLC)
- Employment and independent contractor agreements
- Keeping company minutes, documents, records, and other necessities for legal purposes
- Filing of required documents for Colorado and IRS
- Where to form your company
- Where to locate your company
- Limiting liability if services are provided out of your house
Multiple Ways to Serve YouThe Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C. understands that not all business owners can take the time out of their busy schedules to come to an office, appointments are available by phone, online, and through video-conferencing for those individuals who are on the go. Contact the Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C. today to schedule an appointment!
Software licensing can be a daunting combination where the perplexing realm of technology meets legal jargon. As a small business owner, it is essential to understand the importance of software licensing in order to protect your business’s brand or product and to avoid illegally using one that belongs to someone else.read more
Contact Us TodayLaw Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C.
Your Denver Business Attorney
3773 Cherry Creek North Drive, Suite 575
Denver, CO 80209