Today’s Legal Minute for Small Businesses: Several months ago, I met someone that wanted to know about copyrighting recipes. Recipes are one of the few creative things that cannot be copyrighted without “more”. In this case, the “more” is something more than a mere listing of ingredients. For example, to copyright a recipes, you must include a description, explanation, or an illustration with the recipe. However, fear not, because if the recipe is really good you can always keep it a trade secret. (Think the recipe for Coke!)
- We are still screaming over ice cream!
- Yes, you do need business insurance if you work from home!
- Three Types of Business Development Legal Advice Your Home Business Needs This Year
- Colorado Employment Law – 4 Regulations You May be Breaking
- Contract Law: Your Checklist for Producing Strong Legal Agreements