Today’s Legal Minute for Small Businesses: I’ve recently had several clients ask me why I don’t do patent law so I thought I would take a minute to talk about patent law. Patent law is one of the few areas of the law that you can truly specialize in. To become a patent attorney, you must pass a separate bar exam called the patent bar. In order to even be eligible to take this exam, you must have either a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in specific scientific areas. Most attorneys that I know that practice patent law only practice intellectual property law. (I have yet to meet someone that does both patent law and family law!) Therefore, if you are looking for a patent attorney, please let me know because although I do not practice patent law, I can refer you to someone who does!
- We are still screaming over ice cream!
- Yes, you do need business insurance if you work from home!
- Three Types of Business Development Legal Advice Your Home Business Needs This Year
- Colorado Employment Law – 4 Regulations You May be Breaking
- Contract Law: Your Checklist for Producing Strong Legal Agreements