In an interesting story from the Denver Post, a Colorado medical marijuana company has made the headlines not for selling marijuana, but for selling interest in the company on Craiglist. Colorado Wellness Providers, LLC has been sent a cease and desist order for selling “unregistered securities”. The company was attempting to raise $50,000.00 in funds to finish a project and offered “excellent returns on a short term investment” in the Craiglist ad. While the type of company that was involved (an MMJ business) helped get the story into the news, it is a lesson for all small business owners to consult an attorney prior to trying to sell their business to ensure that they don’t end up in the cross hairs of the Colorado Securities Commission. For more information on selling your Colorado business, call your Colorado business attorney today at 720-258-6647!
- Three Types of Business Development Legal Advice Your Home Business Needs This Year
- Colorado Employment Law – 4 Regulations You May be Breaking
- Contract Law: Your Checklist for Producing Strong Legal Agreements
- Business Formation: Proven Strategies for a Strong Start
- 6 Business Tax Law Tips for Colorado Entrepreneurs