Today’s Legal Minute for Small Businesses: Have you read the terms of service for you email account? In today’s business world, an email address has moved from being a luxury to being a must. Even apartment buildings list an email address you can write for more information. However, have you ever read the terms of service for your email account? Do you know who has access to the account? How does the company handle subpoenas or other requests for information? If you are using a public email company, which most people do, it is important that you read and understand what the company does with your personal information, the emails you receive, and the emails you send. Depending on your profession and your business, you may have to limit what you do through the company if the policies are such that you are worried about privacy or legal issues. If after reading the terms of service for your email account for your business you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, your Denver small business lawyer, at 720-258-6647 or Elizabeth.Lewis@eclewis.com.
- We are still screaming over ice cream!
- Yes, you do need business insurance if you work from home!
- Three Types of Business Development Legal Advice Your Home Business Needs This Year
- Colorado Employment Law – 4 Regulations You May be Breaking
- Contract Law: Your Checklist for Producing Strong Legal Agreements