Today’s Legal Minute for Small Businesses: Does your company use independent contractors? If so, please read my FAQ on independent contractors. The State of Colorado is independent contractor unfriendly – meaning that you need to make sure that the people you classify as independent contractors are really independent contractors or you can be subject to fines and penalties for misclassification. In addition to getting advice to make sure the individual really can be classified as an independent contractor, businesses should have written agreements with all independent contractors. If you are using independent contractors and want to make sure you are complying with Colorado state law, please feel free to contact me, your Denver small business attorney at 720-258-6647 or Elizabeth.Lewis@eclewis.com.
- We are still screaming over ice cream!
- Yes, you do need business insurance if you work from home!
- Three Types of Business Development Legal Advice Your Home Business Needs This Year
- Colorado Employment Law – 4 Regulations You May be Breaking
- Contract Law: Your Checklist for Producing Strong Legal Agreements