The following is provided for informational purposes only. The information below may not apply to your specific situation so always consult an attorney. Use of this information does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C., home of your Denver Business Lawyer.

What type of insurance does my business need?

Depending on your business, you may need some or all of the following insurances:

  • Real property insurance
  • Business property insurance
  • Business continuation insurance
  • Disability income insurance
  • Auto insurance
  • Commercial liability
  • Product liability
  • Employee benefits liability

All businesses with employees need to pay for the following insurances:

  • Worker’s compensation insurance
  • Unemployment insurance

As insurance is a specialty in itself, the best idea is to consult an insurance agent.  Many insurance companies offer additional types of insurance depending on your specific business (i.e. rental unit insurance).

For more information on forming a business and the Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C.’s services, please contact your Denver small business lawyer Elizabeth Lewis today.