Whether your business is a one-person show or you have many employees, both your interactions with the Internal Revenue Service and the Colorado Department of Revenue can have consequences for your business. Failure to pay your taxes on time, withhold the correct amount for employment wages, or tax preparation done wrong can be devastating for both new and established businesses. Even for businesses that do everything right, a letter stating the business returns are being audited can make a business owner worry. If you have any of the following tax problems, please contact the Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C. to schedule an appointment to help you get on the right track:
- Tax advice regarding the best business structure
- Representation in front of the IRS for employment tax, individual and sole proprietor returns, and trust fund recovery penalties
- Representation in front of the Colorado Department of Revenue for employment tax, individual and sole proprietor returns, and sales tax issues
- Representation in front of the IRS and CDOR for individual/Schedule C business audits
- Representation in front of the IRS and CDOR for S-Corp, Corporation, and Partnership/LLC business audits.