Colorado #8 Top State for Business

The results from CNBC’s ranking of America’s Top States for Business are in.  After analyzing and comparing each state across fifty-six different business metrics, each state was assigned points in ten major categories to determine their ultimate ranking. Colorado came read more

Does My Business Need an Employer Identification Number (EIN)?

There are a few questions that you can ask yourself right away regarding your business that can indicate to you immediately whether or not it is time to apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS. Does your read more

Why Mentors are Important and How to Find One

A mentor in your industry can help set you down the right path for your business, or expose you to opportunities you had not even considered. They are not afraid to give frank advice by letting you know a new read more

Brewery trademark troubles brewing

In yet another brewery trademark case, this week it was announced that Kettle and Stone Brewery based in Boulder will be changing its name. The reason? Stone Brewing Co. out of California believed that the name could be confused with read more

Breaking up is never easy – even if it only involves your business.

Just like marriages, business partnerships do fail. In some cases, it is a slow process where the owners decide it isn’t working out, but can end the partnership amicably. In other cases, it ends in flames of passion over the read more

Upbeat Start to Business in 2014

Upbeat Start to Business in 2014 2013 saw a lot of growth in Denver. Dunkin Donuts opened their first shop in years (which my son loved). Mooyah Burgers, Big Smoke Burgers, World of Beer, Cabelas and several other chains all opened their first stores in Colorado read more

Client Success Story – Axistence Athletics

Client Success Story – Axistence Athletics After attending a seminar together, Dan Jimenez and Ryan Humphries realized that they had a lot of things in common.  Both were certified personal trainers, ex-military, outdoor enthusiasts - and they had very similar ideas on how the fitness industry should look read more

What is the Small Business Administration?

Today, President Obama appointed Maria Contreras-Sweet head of the SBA. Founded in 1953, the SBA has had an impact on millions of US businesses, including mine. However, many people, including business owners, know little about the SBA. For most people, read more

Anonymous no longer?

In a recent ruling by a Virginia court, the court ruled that, which provides online review from consumers for companies, had to release information about consumers who “anonymously” review companies. In the Virginia case, the owner of Hadeed Carpet read more

Women Owned Small Business Certification

Government contracting makes up a large percentage of the gross domestic product in the United States. With federal agencies required to grant up to 5% of government contracts to women owned small businesses, many small businesses wonder about how to read more

Last updated by at .

The information and materials on this Web site are provided by the Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C., home of your Denver Business Attorney, for general informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice or giving a legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. Your use of this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Denver Business Lawyer Elizabeth C. Lewis or between you and the Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C.. The submission of information to Colorado Business Attorney Elizabeth C. Lewis by e-mail does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C., home of your Denver Business Attorney. If you email information or materials to the Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C., home of your Denver Business Attorney, for a matter for which the Law Office of E.C. Lewis, P.C., home of your Denver Business Lawyer, does not already represent you, that information and material may not be privileged or confidential, may be disclosed to other parties, and may not be secure.

For our terms of use and privacy policy, including information about online payments, please see our our Terms of Use.